Subscribe to What’s Up Newp’s daily newsletter
Be the first to know about breaking news, articles, and updates.
Good Morning, today is Monday, June 13.
🌊 The Preservation Society of Newport County is offering employees in the hospitality industry free admission to the Newport Mansions today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. Details
🌊 Music at The Fort, Fort Adams Trust’s summer music series, returns on Wednesday with a free, family-friendly performance by The Ravers! Read More
🌊 Outlier won New York Yacht Club’s 168th Annual Regatta over the weekend. Story
🌊 Eastern Rhode Island Conservation District (ERICD) will host a public farm tour of Jamestown Community Farm on Wednesday at 5:30 PM. The free tour is open to the public. Details
🌊 FIFA intends to announce the 2026 World Cup sites during a news conference in New York on Thursday. Among the seventeen stadiums remaining in the bidding is Gillette Stadium. Read More
🌊 The Providence-Newport Ferry will kick off its 2022 season on Friday. Read more
🌊 Trinity Church’s Strawberry Fest returns on Saturday. Details
🌊 Rhode Island PrideFest and Illuminated Night Parade returns to the creative capital on Saturday. Read More
🌊 For more than 20 years, Gayle was the kind, caring, and wonderful friend that you would look forward to seeing at One Pelham East.
Newport lost a bit of its sunshine this weekend with the loss of Gayle. If Newport ever had an “official” mom, she was it – to so many locals, musicians, and visitors. Always looking out for you, and was never afraid to share her thoughts with you.
It’s up to all of us who knew her and who loved her to make sure her wonderful spirit, love, and kindness live on.
Our thoughts are with Gayle’s immediate family, the One Pelham East family, and to all those who were lucky enough to know her.
She will certainly be missed.
Have a great Monday,
What’s Up Today
- Today – Showers and thunderstorms likely before 11am, then a slight chance of showers between 11am and noon. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 77. Southeast wind 6 to 11 mph becoming southwest in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight – Partly cloudy, with a low around 59. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Today – SSE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming WSW in the morning. Showers and thunderstorms likely before 11am, then a slight chance of showers between 11am and noon. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight – WSW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 64°F.
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- Sunrise: 5:10 am | Sunset: 8:20 pm | 15 hours & 9 minutes of sun.
- High tide at 7:22 am & 7:47 pm | Low tide at 12:59 am & 12:39 pm.
- Moon: Waxing Gibbous, 13.1 days, 97% lighting.
Things To Do
- #OceanHour Week at Fort Adams State Park
- 6:35 pm – Newport Gulls Home Game at Cardines Field
- For more events and things to do, visit our events calendar.
- Celtica: Music Bingo at 7:30 pm
- Landing: Justin Pomfret at 1 pm, Mike Milazzo at 4:30 pm
- One Pelham East: Bruce Jacque at 10 pm
- The Fastnet Pub: The Ubiquitones at 10 pm
- The Fifth Element: The Groove Merchants from 7 pm to 10 pm
City & Government
- Jamestown – Jamestown Town Council at 5 pm
- Portsmouth – Portsmouth School Committee – Policy Subcommittee at 4 pm, Portsmouth Town Council at 7 pm
- Tiverton – Tiverton FTR and Personnel Changes Advisory Subcommittee at 4:30 pm, Tiverton Historical Cemeteries Commission at 6 pm, Tiverton Library Trustees at 7 pm, Stone Bridge Fire District at 7 pm, Tiverton Town Council at 7 pm