What’s Up Newp is an independent online news publisher that is dedicated to providing news, information, and journalism to Newport County, Rhode Island, and beyond.
~ Work With Us: Think you have what it takes to contribute to our digital properties? Get in touch, we’re hiring!
~ Partner With Us: Own a business, brand, or do something cool? Get in touch at email@example.com, we love to collaborate and partner on events and fun.
~ Advertise With Us: Want to chat about advertising and marketing opportunities? We can help in a big and affordable way, email firstname.lastname@example.org today!
We thank you for stopping by and for your interest in our local independent online news publishing company.
Get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com.
What’s Up Newp Crew
- Ryan Belmore | Owner & Publisher
- Ken Abrams | Contributor, Photographer, & Lifestyle Editor
- Frank Prosnitz | Contributor & News Editor
- Gary Alpert | Contributor & Photographer
- Tyler Bernadyn | Contributor
- Thom Cahir | Contributor
- Rick Farrell | Contributor and Photographer
- Angela Marandola | Contributor
- Sarah McClutchy | Contributor
- Gerry Goldstein | Contributing Columnist
- Brian C. Jones | Contributing Columnist
- Jay Flanders | Contributing Columnist
- Tim Jones | Contributing Columnist
- In May 2018, What’s Up Newp won an Impact-Designated Investigative Grant from Local Independent Online News Publishers (LION).
- In August 2018, What’s Up Newp was named Best Local News Blog in Rhode Island by Rhode Island Monthly readers.
- In August 2019, What’s Up Newp was once again named Best Local News Blog in Rhode Island by Rhode Island Monthly readers.
- In September 2020, What’s Up Newp was once again named Best local News Blog in Rhode Island by Rhode Island Monthly readers.
- In October 2020, What’s Up Newp’s Ryan Belmore was named Member of The Year by LION Publishers.
- In October 2020, What’s Up Newp’s Ryan Belmoer was awarded the 2020 Dominique Award from the Arts & Cultural Alliance of Newport County.
We are a proud member of Local Independent Online News Publishers (LION) and Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE).
Editorial Independence Policy
We follow the standards of Local Independent Online News Publishers, which we are a member of. We produce topical content in the general public interest while upholding high professional standards, including transparency, integrity, fairness, accuracy, completeness, and accountability.
What’s Up Newp relies on advertising and supporters/members to power our local independent online news operation, but our organization maintains editorial control of the coverage. Advertisers, members, and sponsors have no influence over our content. Advertisers, members, and donors have no involvement in news decisions and we do not give supporters the rights to assign, review, or edit content.
News judgments are made independently and not on the basis of donor support. Your trust is the cornerstone of What’s Up Newp’s success. We’ll always maintain a firewall between news coverage decisions and sources of all revenue.
Members & Supporters
We accept financial support, grants, advertising and sponsorship from individuals, organizations and foundations to support our work. Accepting financial support does not mean we endorse donors or their products, services or opinions.
We will not accept donations from sources who, deemed by our crew, present a conflict of interest with our work or compromise our independence.
We will not release your name, email address or any other personal information to anyone outside What’s Up Newp without your consent, unless we are under a legal order to do so, or there is an emergency involving danger to a person or property.