What’s Up Newp is dedicated to covering all that’s happening, new and to do in and around Newport, Rhode Island.
Independent and locally owned by Newport resident Ryan Belmore, What’s Up Newp (launched in 2012) joins What’s Up Rhode Island (launched in 2018) and What’s Up Stowe (relaunched in 2019) in our network of digital properties that make up What’s Up New England.
What’s Up New England is your source for What’s Up in your favorite New England destinations. We’re changing the way people live, travel, and interact with one another through our network of digital properties.
What’s Up New England Crew
- Ryan Belmore | Owner, Publisher, & Editor
- Ken Abrams | Contributor, Photographer, & Managing Editor
- Gary Alpert | Contributor & Photographer
- Tyler Bernadyn | Contributor
- Thom Cahir | Contributor
- Rick Farrell | Contributor and Photographer
- Alexander Harrison | Contributor
- Angela Marandola | Contributor
- Sarah McClutchy | Contributor
- Frank Prosnitz | Contributor & Reporter
- Kenneth Proudfoot | Contributor & Columnist
- In May 2018, What’s Up Newp won an Impact-Designated Investigative Grant from Local Independent Online News Publishers (LION).
- In August 2018, What’s Up Newp was named Best Local News Blog in Rhode Island by Rhode Island Monthly readers.
- In August 2019, What’s Up Newp was once again named Best Local News Blog in Rhode Island by Rhode Island Monthly readers.
We are a proud member of Local Independent Online News Publishers (LION) and Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE).
Editorial Independence Policy
We follow the standards of Local Independent Online News Publishers, which we are a member of. We produce topical content in the general public interest while upholding high professional standards, including transparency, integrity, fairness, accuracy, completeness, and accountability.
What’s Up Newp relies on advertising and supporters/members to power our local independent online news operation, but our organization maintains editorial control of the coverage. Advertisers, members, and sponsors have no influence over our content. Advertisers, members, and donors have no involvement in news decisions and we do not give supporters the rights to assign, review or edit content.
News judgments are made independently and not on the basis of donor support. Your trust is the cornerstone of What’s Up Newp’s success. We’ll always maintain a firewall between news coverage decisions and sources of all revenue.
Members & Supporters
We accept financial support, grants, advertising and sponsorship from individuals, organizations and foundations to support our work. Accepting financial support does not mean we endorse donors or their products, services or opinions.
We will not accept donations from sources who, deemed by our crew, present a conflict of interest with our work or compromise our independence.
We will not release your name, email address or any other personal information to anyone outside What’s Up Newp without your consent, unless we are under a legal order to do so, or there is an emergency involving danger to a person or property.
~ Work With Us: Think you have what it takes to contribute to our digital properties? Get in touch, we’re hiring!
~ Partner With Us: Own a business, brand, or do something cool? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org, we love to collaborate and partner on events and fun.
~ Advertise With Us: Want to chat about advertising and marketing opportunities? We can help in a big and affordable way, email email@example.com today!
We thank you for stopping by and for your interest in our local independent online news publishing company.
Get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.