Subscribe to What’s Up Newp’s daily newsletter
Be the first to know about breaking news, articles, and updates.
Good Morning, today is Sunday, June 12.
🌊 WUN’s Frank O’Donnell was along for the ride as meteorologist Kelly Bates returned to ABC6 last night – Kelly Bates is home – WUN’s Frank O’Donnell joins the popular meteorologist as she returns to ABC6
🌊 After a two-year pandemic hiatus, the capital city’s signature event, PVD Fest returned to Providence over the weekend of July 10-12. WUN’s Rick Farrell was there – Photo Gallery: PVD Fest returns to the streets of Providence
🌊 Looking for a new gig, job, or career? Here are 100+ job opportunities available right now in the Newport area (June 12)
🌊 The Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) at approximately 5 pm on Saturday announced via a press release that it recommends reopening Gooseberry Beach in Newport for swimming because bacteria counts have returned to safe levels.
🌊 Newport firefighters had to rescue someone who fell from the Cliff Walk early yesterday morning – Newport Fire Department respond to Cliff Walk overnight for person who had fallen approximately 40 feet down
🌊 Ringo Starr’s scheduled performance at PPAC tonight has been POSTPONED due to band members testing positive for COVID
What’s Up Today
- Today – A chance of showers, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 72. South wind 5 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight – A chance of showers before 9pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 9pm and midnight, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after midnight. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Cloudy, with a low around 63. South wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Today – S wind 5 to 8 kt. A chance of showers, mainly after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight – SSE wind 5 to 7 kt. A chance of showers before 9pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 9pm and midnight, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after midnight. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 63°F.
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- Sunrise: 5:10 am | Sunset: 8:20 pm | 15 hours & 9 minutes of sun.
- High tide at 6:27 am & 6:55 pm | Low tide at 12:07 am & 11:50 pm.
- Moon: Waxing Gibbous, 11.9 days, 91% lighting.
Things To Do
- 9 am to 3:30 pm – 9 am to 5 pm – British Motorcars in Bristol
- 10 am to 1:30 pm – Tiverton Farmers Market
- 10 am to 5 pm – Newport Car Museum Hoods Up Weekend
- 11 am – Viking Riders Blessing of the Bikes
- 12 pm to 4 pm – Ketel One Botanicals Spritz Bar at Hotel Viking
- 12:15 pm, 2:05 pm, & 3:55 pm – Coastal Queen’s Spring Lighthouse Cruises departing from Bowen’s Wharf, Newport
- 2 pm to 4 pm – Sushi Sake Sail II from Goat Island
- 2:50 pm – Coastal Queen’s Spring Lighthouse Cruises departing from Jamestown Village
- For more events and things to do, visit our events calendar.
- @ The Deck – Felix Brown Trio from 5 pm to 8 pm
- Clarke Cooke House: Bobby Ferreira at 12:30 pm
- Irish American Club: Karaoke at 9 pm
- Johnny’s at Wyndham: Live music from 3 pm to 7 pm
- La Forge: Dave Manuel from 11 am to 2 pm
- Landing: Jay Parker at 1 pm, Jim Devlin at 4:30 pm, Timeless at 8 pm
- Narragansett Cafe: Voodoo Alley from 4 pm to 7 pm
- One Pelham East: Acoustic music at 5 pm
- Pour Judgement: Los Duderinos at 10 pm
- The Firehouse Theater: Chase Ceglie Jazz Quartet at 5 pm
- The Reef: Live music from 12:30 pm to 4 pm, live music from 5 pm to 8 pm
City & Government
- No meetings scheduled.
Governor Dan McKee
Governor McKee will walk in the Rhode Island Day of Portugal Parade in Providence at 2 pm.