Good Morning, today is Wednesday, June 15.
🌊 We’ll check in with Newport Mayor Jeanne Marie Napolitano today at noon for our monthly virtual video conversation, looking for updates on proposed school regionalization with Middletown, charter revisions, and the summer season ahead. Read More/Watch/Participate
🌊 Newport will be able to establish a residential tax structure that encourages owner-occupied housing under legislation sponsored by Rep. Lauren H. Carson and Sen. Dawn Euer and approved by the General Assembly yesterday. The bill now goes to the governor for consideration. Read More
🌊 The Alzheimer’s Association RI chapter is inviting the public to attend two-no cost events – an in-person Newport County Community Forum and a virtual RI State House Advocacy Day.
The advocacy day will be a virtual event, held this Thursday, May 16 from 12:00 – 2:00 PM. The community forum will be an in-person event with a continental breakfast, held this Friday, May 17 from 9:00 am – 10:15 am at the Edward King House Senior Center. Read More
🌊 Appreciate the info here? Support it!
Delivering worthwhile local news is truly a community-wide effort. It takes a dedicated crew and a loyal readership working together to make it happen. If you appreciate what we do, please consider supporting us today!
🌊 Today is the last day for hospitality employees to take advantage of free admission at the Newport Mansions. Read More
🌊 It will be a busy night at Fort Adams – Fort Adams Trust will host their first Music At The Fort with The Ravers from 6 pm and newportFILM will host a screening of Under The Hull. More details
🌊 As Pride Month continues, Newport Pride is gearing up for its annual celebration on the weekend of June 24-26. We caught up with event organizer and Managing Director of Newport Pride Sean O’Connor, to learn more about the festivities. Read More
🌊 Newport Out and Newport Pride are inviting the public to join them tonight from 7 pm-9 pm at Giusto in Newport for cocktails for a cause. Details
What’s Up Today
- Today – Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Northeast wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Tonight – Mostly clear, with a low around 59. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Today –NNE wind around 10 kt becoming ENE in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight – Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 63°F.
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- Sunrise: 5:10 am | Sunset: 8:21 pm | 15 hours & 10 minutes of sun.
- High tide at 9:08 am & 9:33 pm | Low tide at 2:50 am & 2:28 pm.
- Moon: Full Moon, 15.4 days, 100% lighting.
- Newport Pride to host Cocktails For A Cause at Giusto on June 15
- Preservation Society offering employees in the hospitality industry free admission to the Newport Mansions
- Public invited to tour Jamestown Community Farm
- Music At The Fort returns to Fort Adams on Wednesday with a performance by The Ravers
Things To Do
- #OceanHour Week at Fort Adams State Park
- 2 pm to 6 pm – Aquidneck Growers Market on Memorial Blvd.
- 4:30 pm – Live at the Loading Dock at MLK Center with Chelley Knight and The Dope Things
- 5:30 pm – Farm Tour at Jamestown Community Farm
- 6 pm – Music Appreciation Series with Dr. Edward Markward: 5 Women Composers Who Paved the Way at Redwood Library
- 6 pm – Opera by the Sea with Encore Opera Company at Blithewold Mansion
- 6:35 pm – Newport Gulls Home Game at Cardines Field
- 7 pm – Cocktails for a cause at Giusto
- 7 pm – newportFILM presents Under The Hull at Fort Adams
- For more events and things to do, visit our events calendar.
- Celtica: Team Trivia at 7:30 pm
- Fastnet Pub: Trivia at 9 pm
- Fort Adams: Music at The Fort with The Ravers from 6 pm to 8 pm
- JPT Film & Event Center: Downton Abbey 2: A New Era at 4:30 pm, One Ocean Film Tour 2022 Volume 3 at 7:30 pm
- Landing: The Naticks at 4:30 pm, John Erikson at 8 pm
- MLK Center: Chelley Knight and The Dope Things at 4:30 pm
- Narragansett Cafe – Live music from 8 pm to 10:30 pm
- One Pelham East: Adam Go from 4 pm to 7:30 pm
- Stoneacre Garden: Los Duderinos from 8:30 pm to 11 pm
City & Government
- Jamestown – Jamestown Planning Commission at 7 pm
- Little Compton – Little Compton School Committee at 6 pm, Little Compton School Committee at 7 pm
- Middletown – Middletown Open Space and Fields Committee at 5:30 pm, Middletown Town Council at 6 pm
- Portsmouth – Portsmouth Economic Development Committee at 5:30 pm, Portsmouth Town Council at 7 pm
- RITBA – Turnpike and Bridge Authority, Rhode Island at 8:30 am
- Tiverton – Tiverton Historic Preservation Advisory Board at 9 am
Governor Dan McKee
- At 1 pm – Governor McKee will give remarks at the grand opening ribbon cutting for the Bristol Harbor Marina.
The Latest from WUN
- Eileen Marie MacKinnon
- William Anthony Russo Jr.
- Annie L. Busse
- James Albert Girr Jr.
- Margaret Ann Moniz