Good Morning, today is Saturday, June 25.
🌊 Just six years after being transformed from the Hyatt Regency Newport to Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina, the popular Goat Island destination has a new owner. The hotel sold this week for $174 million.
🌊 On the market for a new home? Check out these 31 open houses in Newport County this weekend.
🌊 Rhode Island Turnpike & Bridge Authority and Rhode Island Department of Transportation have released their schedule of road construction projects for the coming week, here’s what’s on tap.
🌊 Among the Newport Pride Weekend festivities scheduled for today is a Pride Market & Festival on the lawn of Great Friends Meeting House from 11 am to 4 pm, Pride On Bikes at 12 pm, and Newport Pride Afterparty with NPT HAUS at Parlor Newport at 9 pm. Full schedule of events
🌊 If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, here’s our full roundup of events, live music, and entertainment. WUN’s Ken Abrams also has six events to check out around the state and six concerts to check out.
What’s Up Today
- Today Patchy fog before 8 am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 82. South wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Tonight – Patchy fog after 9 pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 64. Southwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Today – Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. Patchy fog before 8am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight – Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog after 9pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 64°F.
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- Sunrise: 5:12 am | Sunset: 8:23 pm | 15 hours & 10 minutes of sun.
- High tide at 6 am & 6:29 pm | Low tide at 12:06 am & 11:06 am.
- Moon: Waning Crescent, 25.8 days, 15% lighting.
- Six Picks Music: The best in local music this weekend (June 24-26)
- Six Picks Events: What’s Up in RI this weekend (June 24-26)
- 31 Open Houses to check out this weekend in Newport County
- Celebrating our rivers: 7 Rivers Festival, June 25 – 26
- AIDS Run/Walk for Life 5K planned for June 25 in East Providence
- Newport to face off against Boston at Newport Polo on Saturday
Things To Do
- Newport Pride RI Weekend
- 8 am to 5 pm: Newport History Walking Tours: Discover Colonial Newport
- 9 am: Newport Summer 7s Tournament at The Rugby Pitch at Fort Adams
- 9 am to 12 pm:Aquidneck Growers Market at Embrace Home Loans
- 10 am to 4 pm: June 2022 Secret Garden Tour “On the Point”
- 10 am: Ocean State Artisans 2nd Annual Summer Craft Fair
- 11 am: Newport History Walking Tours: The French in 18th Century Newport
- 11 am to 4 pm: Newport Pride Market & Festival at Great Friends Meeting House
- 12 pm: Newport Pride Ride 2022
- 12 pm to 4 pm: Ketel One Botanicals Spritz Bar at Hotel Viking
- 12:15 pm, 2:05 pm, 3:55 pm: Coastal Queen’s Spring Lighthouse Cruise
- 4 pm to 8:30 pm: Food Truck Sunsets at Safe Harbor New England Boatworks
- 5 pm: Newport International Polo Series
- 5 pm to 7 pm: Roam Around Rough Point
- 7 pm & 9 pm: Improv with the Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
- 7 pm to 10 pm: Ketel Cafe at Hill Market at Hotel Viking
- For more events and things to do, visit our events calendar.
- @ The Deck: GRW Trio from 1 pm to 4 pm, Michael Johnson Trio at 5:30 pm, Spiffy DJ DWUN at 9 pm
- Bar & Board: Mel at 7:30 pm
- Blue Anchor Grill: Live music at 6:30 pm
- Buskers: Brian Twohey at 9 pm
- Celtica: Karaoke at 10 pm
- Clarke Cooke House: Live music at 10 pm
- Dockside: Seven Day Weekend at 9 pm
- Greenvale Vineyards: Dick Lupino & friends from 1 pm to 4 pm
- Gulf Stream Bar & Grille: Luis Mateos from Folsom from 6 pm to 9 pm
- Gurney’s: Brian Scott Band from 6 pm to 9 pm at The Pineapple Club, DJ from 5 pm to 10 pm on The Firepit Deck
- Johnny’s at Wyndham: Live music from 6 pm to 9 pm
- JPT Film & Event Center: Elvis at 4 pm & 7:30 pm
- La Forge: Dave Manuel from 6 pm to 10 pm
- Landing: Dave Alves at 1 pm, Jim Devlin at 4:30 pm, Timeless at 8 pm
- Narragansett Cafe: The New Nasty from 8 pm to 11:30 pm
- Newport Blues Cafe: Never In Vegas at 9 pm
- O’Brien’s Pub: C Gray the DJ from 10 pm to close
- One Pelham East: Live music at 4:30 pm, live music at 8:30 pm, DJ at 11 pm
- Parlor Newport: NPT HAUS X NPT PRIDE X HAUS OF CODEC at 9 pm
- Shops at Long Wharf: Stu Krous from 1 pm to 5 pm
- Speakeasy: Live music at 10 pm
- The Firehouse Theatre: Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at 7 pm & 9 pm
- The Reef: Collin Van Pelt from 1 pm to 4 pm, OutCry from 6 pm to 9 pm
- Top of Pelham: Dueling Pianos at 7:30 pm & 10:30 pm
- Vino Wine Bar: Randy Robbins from 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm
City & Government
- Portsmouth: Portsmouth Prudence Island Planning Commission at 11:30 am
The Latest from WUN
General Assembly – Statement from President Ruggerio, Majority Leader McCaffrey regarding Roe v. Wade | Statement from Speaker Shekarchi regarding Supreme Court decision | Rep. Williams says Dobbs decision shows why Reproductive Privacy Act was necessary