Good Morning, today is Sunday, June 19. Today is Father’s Day and Juneteenth.
🌊 If you’re wanting to know more about Juneteenth, here’s a read we’re able to share – The history and significance of Juneteenth/
🌊 Here are some fun and interesting Father’s Day facts and figures.
🌊 Celebrate Dad today with a Father’s Day Cocktail Cruise this evening at 6:15 pm on the Coastal Queen. Enjoy a complimentary bartender’s special cocktail while viewing the many beautiful sights along the way like Rose Island Lighthouse, Fort Adams State Park, Clingstone, Hammersmith Farm and so much more. More details
🌊 Jason Carroll (New York City) and the crew of the MOD70 Argo outran every elapsed-time record associated with the Newport Bermuda Race when they completed the 52nd edition Saturday night at 2320:09 (ADT). Read More
🌊 What’sUpNewp’s Rick Farrell was on hand yesterday for the 46th Annual Rhode Island PrideFest in Providence, check out his photo gallery here.
🌊 Celebrating Billy Joel – America’s Piano Man will perform at The JPT this evening at 7 pm. Playing international smash hits such as ‘Just The Way You Are’, ‘New York State of Mind’, ‘Uptown Girl’, ‘Vienna’, ‘Scenes from an Italian Restaurant’, ‘Piano Man’, and many, many more; this group of multi-instrumentalists pay tribute to one of American music’s greats. Tickets/Learn More
🌊 The 47th Annual St. Barnabas Parish Festival wraps up today in Portsmouth.
What’s Up Today
- Today – Showers, mainly before 10am. High near 66. Northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight – Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 52. North wind 6 to 9 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect from June 19, 04:00 AM EDT until June 19, 05:00 PM EDT
- Today – NNW wind around 13 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 9am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight – Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 63°F.
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- Sunrise: 5:11 am | Sunset: 8:22 pm | 15 hours & 11 minutes of sun.
- High tide at 12:21 am & 12:53 pm | Low tide at 6:26 am & 6:29 pm.
- Moon: Waning Gibbous, 19.9 days, 73% lighting.
Things To Do
- The Newport Flower Show: Eden…A Personal Paradise
- 47th Annual St. Barnabas Parish Festival
- 9 am to 4 pm – Father’s Day Car Show at Longplex Family & Sports Center
- 10 am to 1:30 pm – Tiverton Farmers Market
- 10 am to 5 pm – Dads FREE at Newport Car Museum
- 11 am – Newport History Walking Tours: Golden to Gilded
- 12 pm to 4 pm – Ketel One Botanicals Spritz Bar at Hotel Viking
- 12:15 pm, 2:05 pm, & 3:55 pm – Coastal Queen’s Spring Lighthouse Cruises departing from Bowen’s Wharf, Newport
- 2:50 pm – Coastal Queen’s Spring Lighthouse Cruises departing from Jamestown Village
- 6:15 pm – Father’s Day Cocktail Cruise
- 7 pm – Celebrating Billy Joel: America’s Piano Man live at The JPT Film & Event Center
- For more events and things to do, visit our events calendar.
- Blue Anchor Grill: Steve Rodrigues from 11 am to 2 pm
- Clarke Cooke House: Bobby Ferreira at 12:30 pm
- Fastnet: Irish Sessions from 6 pm to 9 pm
- Gurney’s: Honky Tonk Knights from 6 pm to 9 pm
- Irish American Club: Karaoke at 9 pm
- Johnny’s at Wyndham: Mac Chrupcala Jazz Series from 3 pm to 7 pm
- JPT Film & Event Center: Celebrating Billy Joel: America’s Piano Man live at 7 pm
- La Forge: Dave Manuel from 11 am to 2 pm
- Landing: Jay Parker at 1 pm, Jim Devlin at 4:30 pm, Timeless at 8 pm
- Narragansett Cafe: David Howard & The High Rollers from 4 pm to 7 pm
- One Pelham East: Acoustic music at 5 pm
- Pour Judgement: Los Duderinos at 10 pm
- The Firehouse Theater: Chase Ceglie Jazz Quartet at 5 pm
- The Reef: Live music from 12:30 pm to 4 pm, live music from 5 pm to 8 pm
City & Government
- No meetings are scheduled.
Governor Dan McKee
- 12 pm – Governor McKee will attend the installation of a Rhode Island Slave History Medallion, which marks sites connected to the history of slavery in Rhode Island.
- 3 pm – Governor McKee will walk in the Santo Cristo Feast procession.
- 4:45 pm – Governor McKee will attend the Juneteenth RI 2022 festival.
The Latest from WUN
- Obituary: Raymond Moore Farrow Jr.
- Obituary: Julia “Julie” Gatto
- Obituary: Dr. Peter Jeffrey Kosseff
- Obituary: Gayle Walsh
- Obituary: Peter J. Kelly
Town & Country – The Best Things to Do in Newport, Rhode Island