Good Morning, today is Friday, May 27.
🌊 The Boots on the Ground for Heroes Memorial returns to Fort Adams State Park this Memorial Day Weekend. It opens at 8 am this morning and will be open from 8 am to 8 pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and form 8 am to 6 pm on Monday.
The display presents more than 7,000 combat boots adorned with flags and placards. Each boot represents the life of a U.S. service member killed in action post 9-11 in the Global War on Terror. Read More
🌊 Maho Poké is now open at 186a Thames Street (next to Drift Cafe). They are offering Poké Bowls, Hawaiian Shave Ice, House Made Sodas, and more.
🌊 Free hop-on-hop-off bus service will be offered in Newport this summer. Read More
🌊 Concerts return to Bold Point Park in East Providence this evening with Country music artist Chris Young. Details
🌊 It’s day #2 of the Rogue Island Comedy Festival. Catch the laughs at Diego’s Cantina and The Reef this evening. Lineup, info, and ticket here.
🌊 Stay in the know of what’s happening, new, and to do out there this weekend, with these roundups;
🌊 Sign up for our free daily newsletter and we’ll deliver this story and all of our latest headlines in your inbox every day. It’s wicked good, we promise.
- Today – A chance of showers. Patchy fog before 3 pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 67. South wind 13 to 16 mph. The chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tonight – A chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 9 pm. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 60. South wind around 16 mph. The chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Today – SSW wind 12 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. A chance of showers. Patchy fog before 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight – SSW wind around 14 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 54°F.
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- Sunrise: 5:16 am | Sunset: 8:09 pm | 14 hours & 53 minutes of sun.
- High tide at 6:28 am & 6:53 pm | Low tide at 12:29 am & 11:47 am.
- Moon: Waning Crescent, 26.4 days, 11% lighting.
Things To Do
- 8 am to 8 pm – Boots on the Ground for Heroes Memorial at Fort Adams State Park
- 10 am – Anything You Want: A Closer Look at Treasures from Newport’s Gilded Age at Rosecliff
- 10 am – Island Cemetery Tree Walk
- 11 am to 6 pm – Memorial Day Weekend Cookout! at Newport Vineyards
- 12:15 pm, 2:05 pm, & 3:55 pm – Coastal Queen’s Spring Lighthouse Cruises departing from Bowen’s Wharf, Newport
- 2:50 pm – Coastal Queen’s Spring Lighthouse Cruises departing from Jamestown Village
- 6 pm – Disco Night on the Coastal Queen
- 6 pm & 8 pm – Rogue Island Comedy Festival
- 8 pm: Improv with the Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
- 8:30 pm – “Second Guest” Record Release at Rejects! at Rejects Beer Co.
- 10 pm – Rogue Island Comedy Festival at The Reef
- For more events and things to do, visit our events calendar.
- Bar & Board: Lois Vaughan Jazz Trio from 7 pm to 10 pm
- Blue Anchor Grill: Live music at 6:30 pm
- Buskers – Celtic folk-rock with Anita from 8 pm to 11 pm
- Celtica: Karaoke at 10 pm
- Dockside: DJ at 9 pm
- Gurney’s: Live DJ at The Firepit from 5 pm to 10 pm
- Johnny’s at Wyndham: Phenix Avenue from 6 pm to 9 pm
- JPT Film & Event Center: Downton Abbey 2: A New Era at 4:30 pm & 7:30 pm
- La Forge: Dave Manuel from 6 pm to 9 pm
- Landing: Jay Parker at 1 pm, Timeless at 4:30 pm, Straight Outta Rehab at 8 pm
- Narragansett Cafe: Neal & The Vipers from 8 pm to 11:30 pm
- Newport Blues Cafe: Inside Out at 9 pm
- One Pelham East: Jimmy Weinstock from 4 pm to 7:30 pm, Jeff Rosen at 8 pm, DJ at 11 pm
- Rejects Brewing Co – “Second Guest” Record Release at 8:30 pm
- Speakeasy: Justin Pomfret at 10 pm
- The Firehouse Theatre: Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at 8 pm
- The Reef: Clear Blues from 6 pm to 9 pm
- Top Of Pelham: Dueling Pianos at 7:30 pm
City & Government
- No meetings are scheduled.
The Latest from WUN
We’ll See You Out There
Tag your photos on Instagram with #WhatsUpNewp for a chance to be featured here and on our Instagram feed.