Good Morning, today is Sunday, June 26.
🌊 Pride returned to the streets of downtown Newport Saturday afternoon June 25. The celebration included the Newport Pride Festival and Marketplace, held at the Great Friends Meeting House along with a colorful bike “ride for pride” that drew support from allies and onlookers.
Dozens of community agencies and vendors took part in the festivities which moved from Equality Park to the lawn of the Meeting House this year. The family-friendly, pet-friendly event was a strong show of support for Newport’s vibrant LGBTQ+ community.
WUN photographer Rick Farrell was there and shares these photos – Newport Celebrates Pride with Festival and “Ride for Pride”
🌊 Looking for a new gig, job, or career? Here’s who’s hiring right now in the Newport area – Now Hiring: 90+ job opportunities available right now in the Newport area
🌊 Don’t miss Sunday Sunshine – A fundraiser honoring Mama G at One Pelham East today from 3 pm to 12 am.
What’s Up Today
- Today – Patchy fog before 10 am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 79. Light southwest wind becoming south 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Tonight – Patchy fog between 7 pm and 8 pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Today – Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 10 kt in the morning. Patchy fog before 10 am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight – SSW wind 8 to 11 kt. Patchy fog between 7 pm and 8 pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 65°F.
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- Sunrise: 5:13 am | Sunset: 8:23 pm | 15 hours & 10 minutes of sun.
- High tide at 6:48 am & 7:13 pm | Low tide at 12:39 am & 11:46 pm.
- Moon: Waning Crescent, 26.8 days, 9% lighting.
Things To Do
- Newport Pride RI Weekend
- 8 am to 5 pm: Newport History Walking Tours: Golden to Gilded
- 10 am to 1:30 pm – 2nd Annual Strawberry Shortcake Social at Tiverton Farmers Market
- 10 am to 4 pm: June 2022 Secret Garden Tour “On the Point”
- 12 pm to 4 pm: Ketel One Botanicals Spritz Bar at Hotel Viking
- 12:15 pm, 2:05 pm, 3:55 pm: Coastal Queen’s Spring Lighthouse Cruise
- 2 pm: Pride Weekend Closing Ceremony at Newport Craft Brewing & Distilling
- 3 pm to 12 am: Sunday Sunshine – A fundraiser honoring Mama G at One Pelham East
- For more events and things to do, visit our events calendar.
- @ The Deck: Kenra Girard at 7 pm
- Clarke Cooke House: Bobby Ferreira at 12:30 pm
- Fastnet Irish Pub: Irish Sessions from 6 pm to 9 pm
- Gulf Stream Bar & Grille: Darren Beaupre from 12 pm to 3 pm
- Gurney’s: Future Phase Band featuring Chelsea A from 6 pm to 9 pm at The Pineapple Club
- Irish American Club: Karaoke at 9 pm
- Johnny’s at Wyndham: Live music from 3 pm to 7 pm
- JPT Film & Event Center: Elvis at 1 pm & 4:30 pm
- La Forge: Dave Manuel from 11 am to 2 pm
- Landing: Nick Sproviero at 1 pm, John Erikson at 4:30 pm, Dave Alves Band at 8 pm
- Narragansett Cafe: Pat Halpin & The 351’s from 4 pm to 7 pm
- O’Brien’s Pub: George Zecher on Steel Drums from 3 pm to 6 pm, Bingo inside at 7 pm
- One Pelham East: Sunday Sunshine – A fundraiser honoring Mama G with live music from John Erikson, Chopville, Stu Sinclair, Beach Nights, DJ Nook, The Naticks, Ryan McHugh, Brian Cabral, Justin Draper, and more from 3 pm to midnight.
- Pour Judgement: Los Duderinos at 10 pm
- The Firehouse Theater: Chase Ceglie Jazz Quartet at 5 pm
- The Reef: Jake Dyl from 1 pm to 4 pm, Jake Heady from 6 pm to 9 pm
City & Government
- No meetings are currently scheduled