Good Morning, today is Saturday, July 30.
🌊 Jazz is back at Fort Adams. The 2022 Newport Folk Festival kicked off on Friday, July 29 with a diverse lineup that included some new names along with some familiar artists.
WUN’s Ken Abrams and Rick Farrell with more – 2022 Newport Jazz Festival off to a great start – Day 1 recap and photos
🌊 On Saturday, August 13, Lobby Muddy Fest will host its 3rd annual charity event. The fundraiser, which originally started as a Sunday ritual at O’Brien’s Pub where a handful of friends would meet up to enjoy lobster rolls and mudslides and catch up on the night before, has become one of the fastest-growing charity outings in the city by the sea.
WUN’s Tyler Bernadyn with more – Lobby Muddy Festival returns on August 13, proceeds to benefit Newport Mental Health
🌊 If you’re on the market for a new home, Tyler also has a look at what homes you can check out this weekend – Open Houses happening this weekend in Newport County
🌊 If you’re looking for a show to catch tonight, check out the Dedicated Men of Zion at the former Newport Congregational Church.
Sharing bonds of music and blood kinship, the members of the Dedicated Men of Zion bring down a joyfully harmonious version of the gospel in a style so akin to soul music that we refer to it as “sacred soul.”
🌊 The winning numbers for the $1.28 billion Mega Millions jackpot were 13 36 45 57 67 14.
🌊 Thanks to The Rhode Show for having me on yesterday morning. If you missed it, you can watch it here – Checking out Newport’s Summer events
What’s Up Today
- Today: A chance of rain, mainly before 7 am. Cloudy through mid-morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 85. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. The chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch are possible.
- Tonight: Clear, with a low around 66. West wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Tomorrow: Sunny, with a high near 81. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- Tomorrow Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 71. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Today: Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 5 to 9 kt in the morning. A slight chance of rain before 8 am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight: Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 71°F.
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- Sunrise: 5:38 am | Sunset: 8:04 pm | 14 hours & 25 minutes of sun.
- High tide at 9:42 am & 9:51 pm | Low tide at 3:23 am & 3:07 pm.
- Moon: Waxing Crescent, 1.1 days, 1% lighting.
Things To Do
- 9 am to 12 pm: Aquidneck Growers Market at Embrace Home Loans
- 10 am to 4 pm: The 2022 Newport Show at The Audrain Middletown
- 10 am to 7 pm: Newport Jazz Festival at Fort Adams
- 11 am: Discover Colonial Newport Walking Tour: Common Burying Ground
- 2 pm: Newport History Walking Tours: Discover Colonial Newport
- 5 pm: Newport International Polo Series
- 7 pm: Newport Live Presents Dedicated Men of Zion at the former Newport Congregational Church: Sacred Soul
- 7 pm & 9 pm: Improv with the Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
- For more events and things to do, visit our events calendar.
- Bar & Board: Mel at 7:30 pm
- Blue Anchor Grill: Beth Baron at 6:30 pm
- Buskers: Brian Twohey at 9 pm
- Celtica: Karaoke at 10 pm
- Clarke Cooke House: Live music at 10 pm
- Dive Bar Newport: Big Lux Violin (ticketed event)
- Dockside: Live music at 9 pm
- Greenvale Vineyards: Dick Lupino & friends from 1 pm to 4 pm
- Gulf Stream Bar & Grille: Alexus Lee from 6 pm to 9 pm
- Gurney’s: “Festival All Stars” from 6 pm to 9 pm at The Pineapple Club, DJ from 5 pm to 10 pm on The Firepit Deck
- Johnny’s at Wyndham: Live music from 6 pm to 9 pm
- JPT Film & Event Center: Top Gun: Maverick at 4:30 pm & 7:30 pm
- La Forge: Dave Manuel from 6 pm to 10 pm
- Landing: Nick Sproviero at 1 pm, Dave Alves Band at 4:30 pm, Catching Blue at 8 pm
- Narragansett Cafe: Live music from 8 pm to 11:30 pm
- Newport Blues Cafe: Never In Vegas at 9 pm
- O’Brien’s Pub: C Gray the DJ from 10 pm to close
- One Pelham East: Live music at 4:30 pm, live music at 8:30 pm, DJ at 11 pm
- Shops at Long Wharf: Amy Kucharik and Friends from 1 pm to 5 pm
- Speakeasy: Live music at 10 pm
- The Firehouse Theatre: Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at 7 pm & 9 pm
- The Reef: Brian Scott from 1 pm to 4 pm, Dee Jayne from 4 pm to 7 pm, Out Cry from 7 pm to 10 pm
- Top of Pelham: Dueling Pianos at 7:30 pm & 10:30 pm
- Vieste Simply Italian: Live music at 7:30 pm
City & Government
- No public meetings are scheduled in Newport County.
- See a full list of public meetings in Rhode Island here.
The Latest from WUN
What’sUpNewp runs on reader support, become a supporter here.
We’ll See You Out There
Know someone who might like What’sUpNewp? Let them know they can sign up for our free daily newsletter here.