Good Morning, today is Monday, July 18.
🌊 Jay Leno will open up his four-night residency at The Firehouse Theater tonight. The sold-out shows benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Newport County.
🌊 Fourth-seeded American Maxime Cressy rallied to win his first career ATP Tour title, beating No. 3 seed Alexander Bublik of Kazakhstani 2-6, 6-3, 7-6 (3) on Sunday in the Infosys Hall of Fame Open at the International Tennis Hall Of Fame.
🌊 One of Australia’s all-time most popular bands stopped by Indian Ranch in Webster, MA Sunday, July 17 for an entertaining show. WUN photographer Rick Farrell was there are shares a few photos here.
Speaking of photos, don’t miss Rick’s photos of Todd Rundgren at the Greenwich Odeum here.
🌊 Conexion Latino in Newport, FabNewport, the Jamestown Community Food Pantry, Newport Mental Health in Middletown and the Washington Square Cooperative Services are among the 48 organizations that will share $350,000 in grants through the Rhode Island Foundation’s Newport County Fund
What’s Up Today
- Today: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 11 am and 1 pm. Areas of fog before 8 am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 78. South wind 5 to 13 mph. The chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tonight: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 9 pm and 1 am. Cloudy, with a low around 72. Southwest wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. The chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 85. Southwest wind around 15 mph.
- Tomorrow Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 72. West wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Today: S wind 5 to 8 kt increasing to 8 to 11 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 11 am and 1 pm. Areas of fog before 8 am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight: SSW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 9 pm and 1 am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 69°F.
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- Sunrise: 5:27 am | Sunset: 8:15 pm | 14 hours & 47 minutes of sun.
- High tide at 12:29 pm | Low tide at 5:41 am & 6:09 pm.
- Moon: Waning Gibbous, 19.5 days, 77% lighting.
Things To Do
- 11 am: Newport History Walking Tours: Road to Independence
- 11 am: Coastal Queen’s Lighthouse and Mimosa Cruises
- 11 am: Colonial Jewish Walking Tours
- 1 pm, 3 pm: Coastal Queen’s Scenic Bay Cruises
- 2 pm to 6 pm: Miantonomi Community Farmers Market at Miantonomi Park
- 5 pm: Coastal Queen’s Evening Cheer Cruises
- 6:35 pm: Newport Gulls Home Game at Cardines Field
- 7 pm: Coastal Queen’s Evening Cocktail Cruises
- 8 pm: Jay Leno at The Firehouse Theater
- For more events and things to do, visit our events calendar.
- Celtica: Music Bingo at 7:30 pm
- Landing: Justin Pomfret at 1 pm, Mike Milazzo at 4:30 pm, Chase Ceglie Jazz Quintet at 8 pm
- One Pelham East: Bruce Jacques at 10 pm
- The Fastnet Pub: The Ubiquitones at 10 pm
- The Fifth Element: The Groove Merchants from 7 pm to 10 pm
- The Firehouse Theater: Jay Leno at 8 pm
City & Government
- Jamestown: Jamestown Board of Canvassers at 9:30 am
- Newport: Newport Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Commission at 5:50 pm, Newport Energy and Environment Commission at 6:30 pm
- Middletown: Middletown Town Council at 6 pm
- Tiverton: Tiverton Open Space Commission at 6 pm, Tiverton Harbor Commission at 7 pm, Tiverton Library Trustees at 7 pm, Tiverton Harbor Commission at 7:15 pm
- See a full list of public meetings in Rhode Island here.
What’s Up Out There: What’s Up in Newport County: July 18 – 31
The Latest from WUN
What’sUpNewp runs on reader support, become a supporter here.
We’ll See You Out There
Know someone who might like What’sUpNewp? Let them know they can sign up for our free daily newsletter here.