The Town of Portsmouth’s Zoning Board of Review last night unanimously approved Ragged Island Brewing Company’s special use permit to operate a limited series of beer gardens at their new location at 54 Bristol Ferry Road.
According to the application, the brewery would partner with McGrath Clambakes and the permit will allow the brewery to host a limited “beer garden” on Fridays, Saturday, and Sundays from July through September.
“Katie and I are so grateful to the Town of Portsmouth for supporting our small business in these difficult times. Hosting a beer garden at our Farm will allow us a chance to recoup some of the business we have lost during this pandemic,” Matthew Gray, Co-Owner of Ragged Island Brewing Company told What’s Up Newp on Friday.
Proposed hours for the beer garden are 3 to 8 pm on Friday and Saturday and 1 to 6 pm on Sunday. All guests would be required to make a reservation.
For the immediate future, Ragged Island Brewing Company will continue to brew and operate out of its location in the Portsmouth Industrial Park, which is currently just open for to-go can sales.
“We are very excited to start share our future home with our loyal customers. We have been working hard at the farm to get it ready for next year. Having a limited number of customers on the property will allow us to see what it is going to be like when we are officially open as a farm brewery,” Gray said.
As for timeline on the beer garden series, Gray told us that they are working hard to get this open as soon as possible, but that they have a lot to do to be ready. “As soon as we are comfortable and know we can host guests in a safe and Covid 19 compliant way, we will announce that on our social media pages”.
Ragged Island’s petition to Town of Portsmouth
More of our coverage on Ragged Island Brewing Company;
- Custom House Coffee and Ragged Island Brewing Company team up to create ‘Custom House…
- Ragged Island Brewing expanding distribution into Massachusetts
- Ragged Island Brewing gets approval from Zoning Board to build new brewery
- Ragged Island Brewing shares vision for their future home
- Podcast: Iain Guest, The Advocacy Project | Matt Gray, Ragged Island Brewing Company
- Podcast: Matt Gray from Ragged Island Brewing Company discusses plans to purchase and preserve…
- Ragged Island Brewing Company to purchase and preserve Van Hof Nursery in Portsmouth
- What’sUpNewp Radio #82: Matt Gray, Gray Matter Marketing and Ragged Island Brewing Company
- Ragged Island Brewing Will Be Available For First Time on Local Draught Lines Today
- Ragged Island Brewing Co. Preparing to Open Next Month
- What’sUpNewp Radio Edition – June 6: RI Kids Count chats about latest report, Ragged…
- New Craft Brewery Signs Lease on Aquidneck Island, Hopes To Open This Summer
More From What’s Up Newp
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free
- CDC: If you’re fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask – indoors or outdoors, in most settings