Custom House Coffee and Ragged Island Brewing Company have announced the release of a brand-new beer created in collaboration. The Custom House Coffee Stout will be available in Ragged Island’s Portsmouth Taproom starting on Wednesday, February 26th.
The beer, created with Custom House Coffee’s high-quality Milano blend and organic Bali cold brew coffees, has a 5% ABV and a classic stout taste profile, with a hint of sweetness created by lactose and chocolate malt notes in the coffee.
“This is a truly delicious collaboration,” says Matt Gray, owner of Ragged Island in a statement. “It’s always fun for us to come together with another local business to create something new.”
The Ragged Island Brewing Company is located in the Portsmouth Business Park at 200 Highpoint Avenue, Unit B6. The brewery has plans to expand to a new property on Bristol Ferry Road in 2021.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits