Aquidneck Island has Coastal Extreme Brewing (Newport Storm Beer) in Newport, Coddington Brewing Co. in Middletown and will soon welcome a new brewery in Portsmouth.
Ragged Island Brewing Company has signed a lease, that begins on July 1st, at 200 High Point Ave unit B6 in Portsmouth.
Matthew Gray, Owner of Gray Matter Marketing, is a partner in new venture and John Almedia will use his experiences as a 30+ year home brewer to serve as the Brewmaster for Ragged Island Brewing Company.
“We have a long road ahead now that we have the space – Zoning, Buiding inspections, manufacturing license, state brewery license and fed brewery license, but its all underway, exciting stuff! We hope to open our doors officially this fall.” Matthew Gray shared with What’sUpNewp.
The website for the brewery, www.raggedislandbrewing.com, currently encourages visitors to stay tuned for more information and to asks visitors to follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
More information to come.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)