Good Morning, today is Thursday, July 7.
🌊 Jay Leno is returning to The Firehouse Theater for another residency. This time he’s raising money for the Boys & Girls Club of Newport County. Details
🌊 Sirius Radio’s Seth Rudetsky, one of the hosts on the Broadway Channel, brings his “Big Fat Broadway Show” to Theatre by the Sea on Monday, July 11. WUN’s Frank O’Donnell caught up with Rudetsky ahead of the show. Read Interview
🌊 Beer and running event series, the Craft Brew Races, returns Fort Adams State Park in Newport on July 16. Read More
🌊 Providence Restaurant Week returns to Providence July 10 – 23, WUN’s Ken Abrams has the details.
🌊 Easton’s Beach kicks off its Children’s Night series tonight with Johnny The K from 6 pm to 8 pm.
🌊 Newport Classical continues with Inna Faliks: Reimagining Schumann and Ravel at the Castle Hill Inn at 7:30 pm this evening.
🌊 newportFILM presents The Pez Outlaw on the O’Hare Lawn at Salve Regina University this evening at 8:30 pm.
What’s Up Today
- Today – Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. East wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Tonight – Partly cloudy, with a low around 65. Southeast wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Today – E wind 6 to 10 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight – SE wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature: 64°F.
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- Sunrise: 5:18 am | Sunset: 8:21 pm | 15 hours & 2 minutes of sun.
- High tide at 1:58 am & 2:36 pm | Low tide at 7:31 am & 8:33 pm.
- Moon: First Quarter Moon, 7.3 days, 49% lighting.
Things To Do
- 9:30 am to 3:30 pm: Touro Synagogue: FREE tours for Newport Residents are back
- 10 am to 2 pm: Historic Saint Mary’s Church now Welcoming Visitors Daily
- 11 am: Newport History Walking Tours: Discover Colonial Newport
- 11 am: Colonial Jewish Walking Tours
- 1 pm & 3 pm: Coastal Queen’s Scenic Bay Cruises departing from Bowen’s Wharf, Newport
- 1 pm: Newport History Site Tours: Seventh Day Baptist Meeting House
- 5 pm: Coastal Queen’s Evening Cheer Cruises departing from Bowen’s Wharf, Newport
- 5:30 pm: French Culinary Adventure Cocktail Reception at Great Friends Meeting House
- 6 pm: Easton’s Beach Children’s Night featuring Johnny the K
- 7 pm: Coastal Queen’s Evening Cocktail Cruises departing from Bowen’s Wharf, Newport
- 7 pm to 10 pm: Ketel Cafe at Hill Market at Hotel Viking
- 7:30 pm: Newport Classical Presents Inna Faliks: Reimagining Schumann and Ravel at Castle Hill Inn
- 8:30 pm: newportFILM presents The Pez Outlaw on the O’Hare Lawn at Salve Regina University
- For more events and things to do, visit our events calendar.
- Easton’s Beach: Children’s Night with Johnny the K at 6 pm
- JPT Film & Event Center: Elvis at 4 pm & 7:30 pm
- Landing: Jay Parker at 1 pm, Justin Pomfret at 4:30 pm, Timmy Smith at 8 pm
- Narragansett Cafe: Nolan Leite Music from 8 pm to 11 pm
- Newport Blues Cafe: Felix Brown Band at 8 pm
- Newport Classical: Newport Classical Presents Inna Faliks: Reimagining Schumann and Ravel at Castle Hill Inn at 7:30 pm
- One Pelham East: Sugarbabies at 8 pm
- Perro Salado: Steve Cerelli from 8 pm to 10 pm
- Ragged Island Brewing: Trivia in the Barn at 6 pm
- The Reef: Mel from 6 pm to 9 pm
- Top of Pelham: Dueling Pianos at 7:30 pm
- Vieste Simply Italian: Live music at 7:30 pm
City & Government
- Little Compton: Little Compton Town Council at 6:30 pm
- Middletown: Middletown Personnel Board at 1:30 pm, Middletown Roads/Utilities Advisory Committee at 4 pm
- Portsmouth: Portsmouth School Committee – Negotiations Subcommittee at 10 am, Portsmouth Tree Commission at 7 pm
- Tiverton: Tiverton Library Trustees Board Personnel Subcommittee at 11 am, Tiverton Solar Ordinance Advisory Committee at 6:30 pm
The Latest from WUN
Money Inc – The Five Best Bed and Breakfasts in Newport, RI
The New York Times – In Newport, Artists Turn Tables on the Gilded Age