The Newport Police issued a press release this morning recommending shelter in place for safety and to be aware of flooding, down branches, live electric wires, high ocean tides and reminder to keep electronics charged.
According to Newport Police, the following is a list of roads closed due to unsafe conditions:
- Ocean Drive
- Memorial BLVD
- Parker Street
- Wellington Area
- Point Sections
“Many more roads may be closed during the storm plan accordingly,” Newport Police states.
The following photos were provided by Newport Police.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video
- RITBA: For the first time since the pandemic began, traffic returning to 2019 levels on Pell Bridge
- Singing For Shelter returns December 1 – 22, nightly virtual live concerts will raise money for local shelters