On Saturday and Sunday, August 22 and 23, Newport Hospital invites the community to a special Art & Gift Sale being held on the hospital’s campus at 20 Powel Avenue. The event will be held outdoors in a tented area from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. each day. All COVID-19 health and safety guidelines will be in place, including the wearing of a face mask and adhering to social distancing.
Due to the ongoing health crisis and restrictions on visitation, Newport Hospital’s gift shop has remained closed. As such, the hospital has decided to offer its community an opportunity to purchase its sought-after items in a creative way.
The sale will also feature a variety of paintings and prints, many of recognizable Newport landscapes and landmarks, in addition to specialty gifts and items for the home.
The paintings and prints available reflect a portion of the hospital’s extensive collection of art. Through recent hospital renovations and changes to its physical environment, there is no longer room to display some of the works in the collection. This prompted Newport Hospital to offer a select group of pieces to the community where they can continue to be cherished. All of the art will be offered at community-friendly pricing.
Limited parking will be available for the Art & Gift Sale, and cash, credit card, or check will be accepted. Any proceeds from the sale will go to Newport Hospital.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune