In order to protect the health of our community during the COVID-19 outbreak, and in accordance with the Town of Tiverton’s emergency declaration, Tiverton Public Library and Union Public Library will remain closed until further notice.
Library programs have been canceled or postponed, interlibrary delivery has been suspended, and museum pass reservations and room bookings are unavailable. Fines for all Rhode Island public library materials have been waived back to March 1st, and all due dates have been changed to May 1st. Patrons are asked to hold on to their library materials until the libraries reopen.
The buildings may be closed, but library services are not! Library staff are collecting and sharing digital resources on the Tiverton Public Library website (www.tivertonlibrary.org) as well as its Facebook (@TivertonPublicLibrary) and Twitter (@TivertonPubLib) pages. Staff are working to provide a continual stream of authoritative information about COVID-19 and national and local response; links to free, online library materials and resources; as well as links to fun and free activities for children, from storytimes in space, to live concerts streaming right to your living room, to virtual trips to the zoo. The hope is that patrons find a favorite or two to help pass the time until library doors can open again.
Members of the community are encouraged to call 401-625-6796 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Library staff will be answering phone and email inquiries during this time.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 9PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays