via Memorial Funeral Home
Stephen Radall Roderick, of Newport, RI passed away on Tuesday, March 3, 2020, at Newport Hospital.
Born in Newport, RI on February 27, 1945, he was the son of the late Edward Joseph and Hilda (Campos) Roderick.
Stephen was a graduate of Roger’s High School, class of 1963. After high school, he joined the Navy, and served as a Corpsman during the Vietnam War.
Mr. Roderick worked as a fund manager for Actor Equity-League Pension and Health Trust Funds for 18 years, retiring in 2005. Stephen was a proud and active member of Rhode Island Primetimers.
He is survived by his husband, Michael Flaherty of South Boston, MA, his sister, Judith Scolamari of Clifton Park, NY, and his brother, Russell Edward Roderick of Panama City, FL. He is also survived by his nieces, Laura Heppner and Mary Lou Taylor and nephew, Stephen Taylor. Great nieces and nephews, Jennifer, Jesse, Laurie, Alana, Chucky, Katie, Brian, Eddie, and Josh.
Calling hours will be held from 2:00pm to 5:00pm on Monday, March 9, 2020, at Memorial Funeral Home 375 Broadway, Newport. His funeral will be held immediately following calling hours, at 5:00pm, in the Memorial Funeral Home.
Condolences, information and directions available at www.memorialfuneralhome.com
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1