Source: Fort Adams Trust
The Fort Adams Trust announces that it has appointed five new board members. Newly elected board members are: John Nunes, of Newport Vineyards; Meme Kielbasa, Founder & President of Bright Ideas; Kelsey S. Hyman, CPA for Lighthouse Wealth Advisors; Dan Titus of Salve Regina University; and Bill Corcoran, Former CEO of Newport Tent.
“As the Fort Adams Trust’s needs evolve and as current board members’ terms come due, the Trust seeks new board leadership that brings expertise complementing existing membership and helps further our strategic initiatives,” stated Eric Offenberg, Fort Adams Trust President and Director of Engineering for the Rhode Island Turnpike & Bridge Authority. “The new board members were selected and then elected keeping this in mind along with their individual history of dedicated community involvement,” Offenberg added.
The new board members will bring the total number of the Trust’s directors to 19.
About the Fort Adams Trust:
The Fort Adams Trust is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit responsible for preservation, programming, and promoting the National Historic Landmarks in Fort Adams State Park in Newport, Rhode Island. Over 100,000 people tour the Fort and attend events in the Park annually. The Trust accepts donations to support its preservation and programming missions. http://www.FortAdams.org
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune