Newport Zoning Board of Review will meet tonight (Thursday, January 2nd) at 7 pm in the Council Chambers at Newport City Hall.
The meeting is open to the public and will begin promptly at 7 pm.
Among the long agenda are a few items that have garnered the attention of many, including;
- The a request for extension of approval to construct a 12 unit vacation guest facility at 37 Memorial Blvd. (Jimmy’s Saloon).
- A petition from Salve Regina University seeking permission to construct a 214 bed dormitory.
- A petition that would allow a special use permit and a variance to the dimensional requirement for permission to demolish the existing structures and construct a 150-room transient guest facility on Waites Wharf.
The full agenda is listed below;
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport