The Rhode Island Department of Transportation has provided What’s Up Newp with the following notice. You’ll see it on our website for the next thirty days.
In the notice, RIDOT, in conjunction with the Federal Highway Administration, announces the release of the Draft Environmental Assessment (EA) for public review for the Reconstruction of the Pell Bridge Approaches.
RIDOT says that they have developed a draft EA that describes the purpose and need of the project, alternatives analyzed, proposed action, and project impacts. The draft EA is available to view below and at www.pellbridge.-ea.com, and for public review at the locations listed on the legal notice.
Rhode Island Department of Transportation (RIDOT) is re-configuring the Pell Bridge Interchange. The following pages give a brief history along with pertinent information about the environmental assessment (EA) and public outreach.
November 2019 Update – Project Environmental Assessment Review
The Pell Bridge Ramp Project Environmental Assessment can be reviewed at the following locations or by clicking the link below.
- Rhode Island Department of Transportation Two Capitol Hill, Room 264, Providence, Rhode Island 02903
- US Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration-RI Division 380 Westminster Street, Suite 601, Providence, Rhode Island 02903
- Newport City Hall 43 Broadway, Newport, Rhode Island 02840
- Newport Public Library 300 Spring Street, Newport, Rhode Island 02840
- Florence Gray Center 1 York Street, Newport Rhode Island 02840
City of Newport’s Thoughts On It
December 6, 2018 – RIDOT expanding Pell Bridge Ramp Project thanks to $20 million Federal Grant
August 21, 2018 – What’sUpNewp Radio – August 21: Pell Bridge ramp redesign proposals
February 27, 2018 – RIDOT to host public workshop on Pell Bridge Ramp Project on March 1st