What’s Up Newp is powered by our loyal advertisers and by the generosity of our amazing supporters/members. Delivering worthwhile local news is truly a community-wide effort. It takes a dedicated crew and a loyal readership working together to make it happen.
If you appreciate what we do, please consider supporting us today!
Over the past few years, many couples have opted to having a wedding cake on their special day and would rather have something simple and easy to eat.
This is also a great opportunity to incorporate your favorite dessert that can be unique to you!
We reached out to our friends at Blackstone Caterers to find out more about what they are seeing as dessert options out there today.
Below are some ideas to consider when choosing your dessert menu:
- Assorted Desserts
- Can’t choose just one dessert to offer? Having an assorted dessert table can make this decision easy! You can display anything from a macaroon, chocolate covered strawberries, fruit tart, etc. and have it look beautiful with different stands and decorations!
- Doughnut Display
- This has been a wildly popular dessert for weddings over the past couple of years and doughnut companies have made it so unique! Have the doughnuts displayed on a pegged wall, tiered stands or even in customized baggies will showcase the fun dessert!
- Cookie Table
- Do you have family recipes from each side? Include these recipes by providing (if your caterer allows) your own desserts that grandma can make from scratch!
- Ice Cream Bar
- On a hot summer night, ice cream is the best treat! It can be from a tricycle ice cream cart, a famous Ben and Jerry’s display, or make your own sundae station.
- Pie Station
- Having a fall wedding or just love a good American pie for dessert? Display an assortment of pies for guests to select from and maybe even pair with ice cream!
For more info on how Blackstone Caterers can be of assistance to your wedding or special event, visit http://www.blackstonecaterers.com/ .
What’sUpNewp recently partnered with Blackstone Caterers to bring you inspiration, information, and insight into the wedding industry in and around Newport. Whether you’re planning a wedding now or are dreaming of the big day when the planning begins, we’ll be bringing you tips, tricks, and more on ways to make the biggest day of your life the very best.
Blackstone Caterers, Southern New England’s premier catering company, is consistently named one of the best caterers in Rhode Island, is locally owned, and is based in Middletown.
See all of our wedding tips and tricks here.
You’ll see my name tied to a lot of these stories as well, as I’m currently planning a June 2020 wedding in Newport! Have a wedding question or tip for Blackstone Caterers, What’sUpNewp, or me? Awesome! Email it to Ryan@whatsupnewp.com.