Newport City Council met for just over ninety minutes on Wednesday night.
Among the more interesting resolutions and applications was the approval of fireworks on August 17th and 24th, the expansion of Ben’s Chili Dogs, the long-drawn out conversation regarding property lines during the entertainment license application for The Reef, and several resolutions were approved on first reading regarding food trucks in the City (look for a workshop on this possibly next week).
See the video, which is provided by the City of Newport, below;
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals