Introduction: What’sUpNewp recently partnered with Blackstone Caterers to bring you inspiration, information, and insight into the wedding industry in and around Newport. Whether you’re planning a wedding now or are dreaming of the big day when the planning begins, we’ll be bringing you tips, tricks, and more on ways to make the biggest day of your life the very best.
Blackstone Caterers, Southern New England’s premier catering company, is consistently named one of the best caterers in Rhode Island, is locally owned, and is based in Middletown.
You’ll see my name tied to a lot of these stories as well, as I’m currently planning a June 2020 wedding in Newport! Have a wedding question or tip for Blackstone Caterers, What’sUpNewp, or me? Awesome! Email it to Ryan@whatsupnewp.com.
Ever since you were little, you may have been dreaming about your perfect Saturday night wedding. Although a Saturday is more traditional and has its own benefits, Blackstone Caterers shares with us today why a Friday and Sunday wedding can be just as good as any old Saturday!
1 – As newlyweds, you can have more time with family and friends on Saturday, if getting married on Friday. Or spend the day before stress free while out-of-towners either travel on Saturday or spend the entire day with you the day before your wedding, if getting married on Sunday.
2 – A lot of Saturdays are already taken by the time you begin looking for a specific date, even a whole year ahead. Choosing a Friday or Sunday gives you flexibility with your date, along with snagging a date even sooner to marry your loved one!
3 – If choosing a Friday night wedding, your guests have time to recuperate for two days after the wedding before returning home or to work. If choosing a Sunday night wedding, guests can take their time with traveling for the wedding and possibly have a day off on Monday for a “vacation”.
4 – Couples can save a lot of money, especially on their venue rental. Vendors can have some discounted rates for a Friday or Sunday wedding, so it can save you money to either keep for a rainy day or put more towards “extras” on your wedding day you’ve always wanted!
Happy Wedding Planning!
~ The team at Blackstone Caterers and What’sUpNewp
For more information about catering for your wedding or special event, visit www.blackstonecaterers.com/ .
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune