The following is a press release from the City of Newport.
City, State, and Federal officials gathered under sun-drenched skies on Monday, June 3rd, at the site of the former Sheffield Elementary School to mark the grand opening of Innovate Newport.
A joint effort between the City of Newport, the Economic Development Foundation of Rhode Island, and the Newport County Development Council (the non-profit arm of the Newport County Chamber of Commerce), the roughly $8 million project to convert the longtime school building into a hub for entrepreneurs with roughly 33,000-square feet of co-working, event, and private office space officially opened its doors this week.
To learn more about the project, and to sign up for a membership, be sure to visit www.InnovateNewport.org.
A warm thanks to Gov. Gina Raimondo, Senator Jack Reed, Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, Congressman David Cicilline, and Lt. Governor Dan McKee for helping to mark this special occasion. The project would not have been possible if not for the support of the U.S. Economic Development Administration, Commerce RI, and the van Beuren Charitable Foundation.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record