Ben & Jerry’s on Thames Street will celebrate Free Cone Day in the tastiest way possible….with free cups and cones of your favorite ice cream!
On April 9th, between 12 pm – 8 pm, head to the Ben & Jerry’s at 359 Thames Street for your free cone or cup of ice cream, it’s Ben & Jerry’s way of once again saying thank you!
It was 40 years ago when future ice cream household namesakes Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield shocked themselves with their accomplishment: the duo had made it through their first year as business owners. And so, they wanted to create a way to thank the community that supported them. Their decision? Free cones for everyone. So they threw open the doors and scooped out every last bit of ice cream to the long lines of appreciative fans. Every year since, Ben & Jerry’s has continued this tradition with its annual Free Cone Day, the Ben & Jerriest day of the year!
Ben & Jerry’s partners with local non-profit organizations throughout the year and especially on Free Cone Day, so donate what you can when picking up your free cup or cone on April 9th!
The Ben & Jerry’s on Bannister’s Wharf will not yet be open for the season and will not be participating in Free Cone Day, Ben & Jerry’s Thames Street store is the only Newport location participating.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year