Newport’s Pell Elementary School students made history today by becoming the first Rhode Island public school to make contact with the International Space Station (ISS).
As part of United Nations annual World Space Week, K-4th graders talked directly with astronaut “Ricky” Arnold aboard the ISS live from their school gymnasium in Newport.
What’sUpNewp broadcast a live simulcast of the historic event on What’sUpNewp Radio Edition on WADK 1540AM between 1 pm to 2 pm today. Besides hearing from the students and astronaut, you’ll also hear from Mike Cullen, Governor Gina Raimondo, Representative Marvin Abney
What’s Up Newp Radio Edition
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf