Newport’s Pell Elementary School students made history today by becoming the first Rhode Island public school to make contact with the International Space Station (ISS).
As part of United Nations annual World Space Week, K-4th graders talked directly with astronaut “Ricky” Arnold aboard the ISS live from their school gymnasium in Newport.
What’sUpNewp broadcast a live simulcast of the historic event on What’sUpNewp Radio Edition on WADK 1540AM between 1 pm to 2 pm today. Besides hearing from the students and astronaut, you’ll also hear from Mike Cullen, Governor Gina Raimondo, Representative Marvin Abney
What’s Up Newp Radio Edition
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1