With less than two weeks until the election, John Marion, executive director of Common Cause of Rhode Island, joins WUN’s Frank Prosnitz on this edition of The Open Forum on AM 1540 WADK Newport to discuss voter suppression issues nationwide and look ahead at the upcoming legislative session.
Common Cause of Rhode Island is a nonpartisan organization whose mission is to promote representative democracy by ensuring open, ethical, accountable, effective government processes at local, state and national levels by educating and mobilizing the citizens of Rhode Island. For more information, visit https://www.commoncause.org/rhode-island/.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free
- CDC: If you’re fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask – indoors or outdoors, in most settings