Rail Explorers, an eco-tour company featuring pedal-powered rail bikes operating along Aquidneck Island’s historic rail lines, will offer a specially priced tour for Newport County residents on Wednesday, September 26 and Wednesday, October 3 from its depot in Portsmouth, Rhode Island.
“We are very pleased to again offer this special opportunity for the residents of Newport County who have warmly welcomed Rail Explorers into the community” stated Rail Explorers CEO Mary Joy Lu in a press release earlier today.
The tours will feature a six-mile exploration of the historic railroad along the Rail Explorers Southern Circuit and Northern Ramble.
Tickets, priced at $15 per person, are available for special tours at 2 pm, 3:30 pm and 5:30 pm, on Wednesday, September 26 and Wednesday, October 3.
All tours begin at 1 Alexander Road at Melville in Portsmouth, Rhode Island. The Rail Explorers: Rhode Island Division is presented by the Newport and Narragansett Bay Railroad.
For further information on Rail Explorers, visit: www.railexplorers.net
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)