Newport, RI – Newport Mental Health has recently hired Paul Sanders, LMHC & LCDP, a therapist with over 15 years of experience, specializing in co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders.
“We’re pleased to be working with a person with such a depth of knowledge and expertise in addictions and mental health therapy, especially in light of the opioid crisis,” said NMH CEO and President Jamie Lehane.
Sanders previously worked at South Coast Behavioral Health Inpatient Acute Psychiatric facility in Dartmouth, Massachusetts along with Harbor Counseling in Fall River and other agencies in Massachusetts.
“I believe that listening is one of the greatest gifts I can give to people,” Sanders said. “Along with listening, I try to establish a mutual trust with my clients to provide a safe environment. It’s all about laying the foundation for learning about ourselves and reaching our greatest level of confidence.”
Sanders holds a bachelor’s degree from Stonehill College and advanced degrees from Babson and Leslie University.
The mission of Newport Mental Health is to improve the lives of children, adults and families living and working in Newport County by providing the highest quality, recovery-oriented, evidence-based and integrated mental health and substance use care. NMH serves clients in Jamestown, Newport, Middletown, Portsmouth, Tiverton, and Little Compton. For more information, contact Sandy Oxx at 846-1213 ext. 109 or Jamie Lehane 846-1213 ext. 110.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13