Newport, RI – Newport Mental Health has recently hired Paul Sanders, LMHC & LCDP, a therapist with over 15 years of experience, specializing in co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders.
“We’re pleased to be working with a person with such a depth of knowledge and expertise in addictions and mental health therapy, especially in light of the opioid crisis,” said NMH CEO and President Jamie Lehane.
Sanders previously worked at South Coast Behavioral Health Inpatient Acute Psychiatric facility in Dartmouth, Massachusetts along with Harbor Counseling in Fall River and other agencies in Massachusetts.
“I believe that listening is one of the greatest gifts I can give to people,” Sanders said. “Along with listening, I try to establish a mutual trust with my clients to provide a safe environment. It’s all about laying the foundation for learning about ourselves and reaching our greatest level of confidence.”
Sanders holds a bachelor’s degree from Stonehill College and advanced degrees from Babson and Leslie University.
The mission of Newport Mental Health is to improve the lives of children, adults and families living and working in Newport County by providing the highest quality, recovery-oriented, evidence-based and integrated mental health and substance use care. NMH serves clients in Jamestown, Newport, Middletown, Portsmouth, Tiverton, and Little Compton. For more information, contact Sandy Oxx at 846-1213 ext. 109 or Jamie Lehane 846-1213 ext. 110.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch