It was all about the music and upcoming music festivals today on What’sUpNewp Radio Edition on AM 1540 WADK Newport.
Alan and Michelle from Magnolia Cajun Band, “Rhode Island’s Hometown Cajun Band”, joined me to chat about the band’s upcoming performance at next weekend’s Rhythm and Roots Festival in Charlestown.
The Providence Folk Festival, a free music festival featuring regional and local folk, acoustic, and singer-songwriter musicians, will take place this Sunday. Organizer John Fuzek joined me to talk about the Festival and all that’s planned for the two stages in Providence. Pictured above is Dan Blakeslee who will play the festival on Sunday.
Of course, I also have your full look at all that’s happening, new, and to do out there this weekend for you.
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13