It was all about the music and upcoming music festivals today on What’sUpNewp Radio Edition on AM 1540 WADK Newport.
Alan and Michelle from Magnolia Cajun Band, “Rhode Island’s Hometown Cajun Band”, joined me to chat about the band’s upcoming performance at next weekend’s Rhythm and Roots Festival in Charlestown.
The Providence Folk Festival, a free music festival featuring regional and local folk, acoustic, and singer-songwriter musicians, will take place this Sunday. Organizer John Fuzek joined me to talk about the Festival and all that’s planned for the two stages in Providence. Pictured above is Dan Blakeslee who will play the festival on Sunday.
Of course, I also have your full look at all that’s happening, new, and to do out there this weekend for you.
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio.
The Latest From WUN
- Potter League to host 32nd Annual Heart & Sole Walk for Animals at Fort Adams
- The Beach Boys To play Mohegan Sun Arena on New Year’s Eve
- FirstWorks to present “Women Trailblazers in Music” in November
- Now Hiring: 77 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- National Sailing Hall Of Fame inducts Class of 2021