Clean Ocean Access (COA) has announced that they have joined together with the Newport Bermuda Race Clean Regattas effort to help rid the oceans of marine debris and work towards a more sustainable future.
Together, they invite sailors, crew, volunteers, and everyone to join them this Wednesday, June 13th at Surfers End Second Beach for a beach cleanup from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. to bring real time awareness to the problem of litter entering our oceans.
All are welcome, no registration required.
For more information, visit www.cleanoceanaccess.org.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13