On December 16th, more than one dozen Broadway business owners met at the Corner Cafe to discuss coming together to form the Broadway Merchants’ Association (BMA), “an effort to work together to make Broadway businesses more successful and ensuing that they provide one voice when working with the local powers that be.”
The immediate focus and priority of this group was the Broadway Streetscape Construction Project that has impacted many of their businesses for much longer than they anticipated, and will for at least until the end of 2016.
On hand at that meeting was Councilor McLaughlin and Councilor Cegile, with the feedback from BMA that they received, they promised to arrange a meeting with all parties involved with the construction project to try to improve the communication of when construction would be done and where.
The Meeting Has Been Scheduled
The City of Newport and Rhode Island Department of Transportation (RIDOT) representatives will be available to discuss the Broadway Streetscape construction project on Wednesday, January 20, 2016, at 9am in the Newport Police Department Assembly Room, 120 Broadway, Newport.
Interested In The BMA?
Businesses on or near Broadway are encouraged to join the Broadway Merchant’s Association. E-mail Linda Bainton from PDQ Printing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts