Ahead of the 30th Annual Newport Winter Festival, Hotel Viking has announced a full schedule of events for the 10-day event scheduled from February 16 – 22 – including a ‘Field and Forage’ event series with former Patriots player Matt Light and Chef Mike Robinson, the UK’s most prominent game chef.
Schedule Newport Winter Festival events at Hotel Viking will include;
THURSDAY 2/22 & FRIDAY 2/23
Field & Forage *SPECIAL EVENTS*
- Hotel Viking will host three events in partnership with Flint & Flame, Keel Vodka and Devil’s Purse Brewing. The exclusive ticketed series will feature Matt Light and Chef Mike Robinson, the UK’s most prominent game chef and owner of Michelin-starred Harwood Arms in London. On February 22nd and 23rd, Chef Robinson will unveil his famed knife skills with live butchery demonstrations while preparing fresh local game at both cocktail receptions along with family style meals. Throughout the series, live bidding will also take place for three prizes including a ‘Once in a Lifetime Hunt’ (consisting of two airline vouchers to the UK and a personally guided hunt with Chef Robinson), four tickets to Matt Light’s Celebrity Shootout, and a New England Patriots Game Jersey signed by Tom Brady. All proceeds will go to The Light Foundation. Tickets and packages are available to the public on http://vikingspecialevents.com/.
Fire & Ice Bar
- Every day of Winterfest (2/16-2/24) from 4-8pm, Hotel Viking’s courtyard will feature an Ice Bar and fire pits. Enjoy craft beer by Devils Purse Brewery and invigorating cocktails by Keel Vodka crafted by mixologists. A La Caja China grill will also be onsite to provide fresh bites throughout the night. Cash bar, please note the Ice Bar will not be open 2/18.
FRIDAYS & SATURDAYS, 1-3PM
Ice Cream Sundae Bar
- Satisfy your sweet tooth at the Ice Cream Sundae Bar in the Viking Ballroom. Available from 1pm-3PM on 2/16, 2/17, 2/23, 2/24 the ice cream bar is free for with a Winterfest bracelet and just $5 for others.
SATURDAY, 2/17, 6PM
- Movie snacks will be offered 6pm-8pm at no charge for bracelet holders. FROZEN starts at 6PM with an appearance by Olaf and Anna.
TUESDAY, 2/20, 10AM
Audubon Society of Rhode Island
- Enjoy the Birds of Prey Program and learn about these animals while interacting with them in an educational way. This event is $5 or $2 with a Winterfest bracelet.
WEDNESDAY, 2/21, 10AM
- Join us for show and tell with Bwana Iguana the Reptile Guy! The event includes snacks and refreshments. Just $7 or $3 to guests with Winterfest bracelets.
SATURDAY, 2/24, 6PM
- Dinner & a movie – Movie snacks will be offered 6pm-8pm at no charge for bracelet holders. FROZEN begins at 6PM and TOY STORY 2 begins at 6PM with appearances by Buzz Lightyear & Woody. Reservations required, 401 848 4814.
For the full schedule of events and more information on Newport Winter Festival, visit www.newportwinterfestival.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)