Javier A. Juarez, like many college students, is a dreamer – but in a different sense. He is among those nearly 800,000 people protected by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, enacted by President Obama and now threatened by President Trump. If Congress doesn’t act within the next several months Javier and the thousands of others in the United States under the program, will face potential deportation to countries they hardly knew.
Javier, a Newport resident and Brown University student, joined me recently on WADK 1540AM.
The Latest From WUN
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record
- Living History Event brings re-enactors, spectators to Butts Hill Fort
- Opinion: Portsmouth voters must reject Question 2
- Grammy-Nominated Artist Leigh Nash playing Club Passim Tuesday, November 2