The Benefactors of the Arts invites you to join them for their Secret Garden Tour, which are self-guided tours of some of the most beautiful, prestigious gardens and properties in historic Newport, on September 8th, 9th and 10th.
The tour features more than eight gorgeous gardens that are dotted on and off Bellevue Avenue, the Drive, Historic Hill and the Kay/Catherine neighborhoods.
These private gardens are shared with the community to help raise funds for the Arts Education programs in the Island’s public schools. The tour runs daily, 10 am to 5 pm, and tickets are good for any or all days of the tour, allowing for inclement weather, schedule conflicts, or just a late start.
Discounted tickets for the 2017 September Tours are still available and may be purchased in advance online at www.secretgardentours.org for a discounted rate of $20. Group rates are also available for four or more persons. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Tickets may also be purchased using cash or check at Kingscote, 253 Bellevue Avenue for $25 on the day of the tour.
Annually since 1984, the organizers and supporters of the Secret Garden Tour have been dedicated to enhancing art education and cultural programs in Aquidneck Island’s Public Schools, funding dozens of programs in music, theater and fine arts for local schoolchildren.
To date, the Secret Garden Tours have given more than $1 million to Aquidneck Island students in public schools for art, music, theater and other cultural programming.
For additional information, visit www.secretgardentours.org.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now