Clean Ocean Access (COA) has announced that Elena T. Kissel has joined their team as Director of Development. Elena will be guiding all fundraising initiatives and developing new relationships to build the visibility, impact, and financial resources for Clean Ocean Access.
Elena comes to COA via New York City where she served as Director of Donor Relations for the Green Schools Alliance until January 2017. Prior to the Green Schools Alliance, Elena worked for the Clinton Global Initiative and for over 11 years as Assistant Regional Counsel for the USEPA, Region II. Elena has a legal, as well as, a development background, and has worked for environmental causes including Surfrider Foundation, the U.S. Green Building Council and the National Audubon Society. Her Educational background includes a B.A. from Brown University and a J.D. from the University of Bridgeport.
“Elena is very active in the Rhode Island community, serving on the Board of Directors of the Potter League for Animals, the Parent’s Leadership Council at Brown University and the Board of Visitors of St. George’s School,” the press release announcing the appointment states. “Elena’s proven commitment to the environment, coupled with her professional expertise, makes her a
great fit for COA.”
Since 2006 Clean Ocean Access’ mission is action today so future generations can enjoy ocean activities, with an exclusive focus on Aquidneck Island. Learn more about Clean Ocean Access at cleanoceanaccess.org.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)