National beer and running event series, the Craft Brew Races, returns for its hometown event in Newport. The series, which consists of a 5K run followed by a beer festival featuring both local and regional breweries, will make its second to last stop on the 2017 calendar at Fort Adams State Park on July 22nd.
The Newport Craft Brew Race is 3.1 mile/5K run (or walk), following a looping course through Fort Adams State Park, finishing inside the walls of the famous fortress. The post-race 3-hour beer festival will also take place inside Fort Adams, on the Parade Grounds. In addition to included beer samples at the festival, water, Polar Seltzer and Kind Snacks will be available to runners, and food vendors will be on site. Designated driver and festival-only tickets are available.
More than 1,700 craft brew lovers participated in the sold-out event in 2016, and it is expected to reach capacity in 2017. The run starts at noon, with the festival doors opening at 12:30. All 5K participants and festival-goers receive a souvenir pint glass and entry to the festival — including beer sampling, live music, vendors and food trucks selling onsite. All designated driver ticket-holders receive a different bracelet at registration, and are welcome to enjoy the festival, designated snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages. The Craft Brew Races urge all attendees to enjoy their time responsibly. We recommend participants designate a sober driver or arrange transportation via taxi, water taxi or other forms of public transportation.
A portion of each ticket sold for the Newport Craft Brew Race will be donated to the Rhode Island Brewer’s Guild and their efforts to support and grow the craft beer industry in the Ocean State.
More than 45 breweries will be pouring samples of their brews at the festival. Visit craftbrewraces.com for a full vendor and brewery list, and to purchase event tickets.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals