Smoke House has announced the first of its annual Newport Storm Beer Dinners will be themed “Three Little Pigs” and will take place on Wednesday, June 28th.
The “Three Little Pigs” menu includes an array of passed appetizers, including Pulled Pork Arancini with risotto and peas; BBQ Bruschetta with grilled onions, tomatoes, arugula and house smoked bacon; and Beavertail Oysters with smoked watermelon mignonette paired with Newport Storm Pale Ale. This American IPA pours a medium copper color and features an accent of sweet malt followed by citrus and pine.
For the first course, guests will enjoy Pork Rillets with crostini, pork rind and gherkins paired with Newport Storm Summer Hefeweizen, an unfiltered ale with a crispy, citrusy flavor and a light and refreshing finish; the second course offers Trotter Bolognese with fettucine, hearty ragout and herbs accompanied by Newport Storm Spring Irish Red, an ale with sweet malt flavors and a smooth finish; the third course will feature Beer Marinated Pork Tenderloin with lemon caper sauce, spring salad and thyme gnocchi, also paired with Newport Storm Summer Hefeweizen.
Dessert will feature Thomas Tew Rum Cake with a vanilla-bacon glaze and coffee milk ice cream, paired with Newport Storm High Test Coffee Stout, boasting aromas of coffee and sweet chocolate with hints of caramel and nougat.
The cost is $49 per person, tax and gratuity additional. For more information or to view the full series and menus, visit the website at www.smokehousenewport.com or call 401-848-9800 to make a reservation.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 9PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays