The concert is part of her 2017/2018 World Tour in support of her new album Turn Up The Quiet, just released on Verve Records. Krall’s new album celebrates a return to jazz and the Great American Songbook after 2015’s Wallflower, an album of pop covers. The Canadian born artist has played with musicians as diverse as Ray Charles, Tony Bennett and husband Elvis Costello.
Award Winning Artist
Krall is the only jazz singer to have eight albums debut at the top of the Billboard Jazz Albums chart. To date, her albums have garnered five Grammy Awards, eight Juno Awards and has also earned nine gold, three platinum and seven multi-platinum albums. She has sold more than 6 million albums in the USA and over 15 million worldwide.
Tickets for the June 18 show are still available. Tickets are $128.75 – $43.25; all ticket prices include a $3 per ticket restoration charge and $3.75 charge for a download of Krall’s new album, Turn Up the Quiet. Further details here.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf