Wayne Matthew Botelho, 47 of Newport, RI died peacefully in his sleep at Rhode Island Hospital on Wednesday January 25, 2017.
Wayne attended Rogers High School where he played basketball and began his love for the culinary arts. His career as a chef provided him with fond memories of his time in the kitchen and those he worked with at the Quahog Co., Rhumbline, the Double Tree and Blenheim. A Chicago Bears fan and natural comedian, Wayne was a kind generous and fun-loving friend. He above all else loved being a father to his two children.
He was preceded by his father, Walter Botelho and mother, Eleanor Robinson. He is succeeded by his daughter and son, Lily and Ryan Botelho. By his brothers, Steven and Walter Botelho Jr., and his niece and nephew Robin and Steve Jr. Botelho.
Calling hours will be held on Sunday, February 12, 2017 from 3-6 p.m. at O’Neill-Hayes Funeral Home, 465 Spring Street, Newport, RI. Afterwards there will be a celebration in Wayne’s honor at the Hibernian Hall from 6-10 p.m.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)