Newport Storm’s Spring Irish Red Ale has been welcomed back as the “Official Beer” of the 2017 Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade.
2017 marks the 61st annual parade, and the sixth time that Newport Storm Brewery has been given the honor.
“The Newport Storm Brewery can’t wait for the 61st Annual Newport St. Patrick’s Day Parade. We have been working very hard to make enough Spring Irish Red Ale for this year’s parade. It will be our sixth year being the official beer and they love pulling out all the stops for our community that supports us. No matter the weather we New Englanders the Newport Storm Brewery Spring Irish Red Ale flowing into everyone’s glasses from Newport to Pawtucket. Perfect for winter or spring, this brew is bursting with roasted hazelnut flavors and has a mild hop finish thanks to hops imported from the UK. You can’t get more Irish than that!,” said the press release from Newport Storm.
The 61st Annual Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade will be held, rain, snow, or shine, on Saturday, March 11th, 2017.
The parade will begin promptly at 11:00am from Newport City Hall and will proceed to Carroll Avenue at Saint Augustin’s Church in the heart of the Fifth Ward. The parade this year is estimated to last 2 hours and will include Pipe Bands, Marching Bands, Fife & Drum Corps, Clown Units, reenactment units, and a host of local, state, and regional organizations including police and fire units, social/fraternal organizations, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Schools, and non-profits.
During the entire week leading up to the parade, Newport Storm hosts a pint night in a different restaurant every night.
“We always look forward to partnering with the parade committee and setting up the pint nights,” says Theresa Malafronte, PR Coordinator of Newport Storm in the press release, “These fundraisers over the past years, have helped raise more than $10,000 for the parade fund!”.
When you visit each pint night and order Newport Storm’s Spring Irish Red Ale, the commemorative parade day glass it’s served in is yours to keep, and $2 of the purchase will go right to the support the parade.
Schedule of pint nights will be posted on www.newportstorm.com when the information is available.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)