Nancy J. Remka, 69, died Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at the Grand Islander Center in Middletown after a lengthy illness. She was the wife of Robert P. Remka.
Born in Cambridge, Massachusetts on May 27, 1947. She was a daughter of the late Earl J. and Barbara (Allen) McCartney.
Nancy grew up in Providence, she was a graduate of Hope High School and had received her Associate’s Degree from Johnson and Wales College. In 1970 Nancy suffered a stroke but managed to work as a volunteer at both Grand Islander Center and at Forest Farm Nursing Center in Middletown in the 1980’s. Nancy also had worked at the Newport Hospital coffee shop.
Nancy is survived by her husband Bob and her cousins, Bob Allen and David Allen from Massachusetts. She was the mother of the late Paul B. Remka who passed away last February in Florida.
A private service will take place at the family’s request. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Nancy’s memory to the Potter League for Animals, P.O. Box 412, Newport, RI 02840.
This obituary originally appeared on www.oneillhayes.com, it has been republished with permission.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso