City of Newport Public Services Department, Buildings & Grounds Announces Installation of Storer Park Lights
Three new decorative LED lights have been installed in Storer Park to address concerns by neighbors and park users. To respond to this need for better lighting in a timely manner with available resources, the Public Services Department staff fabricated and installed black wooden poles, a service panel as well as underground conduit. The wiring, installation of the lights and the new electrical service were installed by the city’s electrical contractor, Toner Electric.
The lights have been placed along the park sidewalk adjacent to the Hunter House. The permanent electrical service and underground conduit that was installed will enable future replacement of the wooden poles with the standard “Newporter” lamps on cast iron poles to match the gas lights on Washington Street when future funding is available.
The City cost for this project, not including in-house labor and equipment, was $5,750.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend