The Benefactors of the Arts are pleased to announce that they had record breaking attendance at this year’s June Secret Garden Tours which took place June 17th-19th. A huge thank you to all the wonderful gardeners who generously opened their gorgeous gardens to the public as well as the many volunteers who greeted guests throughout the weekend. The funds raised will be used, as they have since 1984, to enhance art education and cultural programs in Aquidneck Island’s Public Schools.
The 2016 September Tours “On and Off the Avenue” are scheduled for September 9th – 11th and more volunteers are needed to ensure the success of the upcoming tour. To volunteer, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, tickets are now available for this tour of some of the most beautiful, prestigious gardens and properties in historic Newport, RI. The tour features about a dozen gorgeous gardens that are dotted On & Off Bellevue Avenue, Historic Hill and the Kay/Catherine neighborhoods. The tours run daily from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. and tickets are good for any or all days of the tour, allowing for inclement weather, schedule conflicts, or just a late start.
Tickets can be purchased in advance online at www.secretgardentours.org for a discounted rate of $20. Group rates are also available for four or more persons.
Since 1984, the organizers and supporters of The Secret Garden Tour have funded dozens of programs in music, theater and fine arts for local schoolchildren. To date, The Secret Garden Tour has given more than $1 million to Aquidneck Island students in public schools for art, music, theater and other cultural programming. For additional information, be sure to visit www.secretgardentours.org.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)