newportFILM has announced that their 7th Annual Summer Benefit, that took place on Saturday, August 6 at the International Tennis Hall of Fame, brought in a record-breaking $180,000 to further their mission of educating, enlightening and creating community dialogue through documentary film.
Presented by The de Ramel Foundation and supported by Isoude (as well as newportFILM’s year-round supporting sponsors Franklin and Company Design Associates, The Strand Hotel NYC, Lexington Partners, and Kirby Perkins Construction), newportFILM’s Summer Benefit is the year-round documentary film festival’s biggest fundraising event of the year.
Drinks by Svedka Vodka, Tom Gore Winery, Dreaming Tree Wines, and Grey Sail Brewing, and savories by Blackstone Caterers were enjoyed by the 350+ guests on the horseshoe piazza while mingling in support of documentary film. Attendees left with thank you gifts including wrap bracelets from Rhode Island-made lifestyle brand, Kiel James Patrick.
newportFILM’s year-round programming for all ages focuses on topics relating to social justice, environmental health, culture and education. The non-profit has become a vital part of the cultural fabric and vibrancy of Rhode Island’s arts community.
Visit www.newportFILM.com for upcoming film screenings and events.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1