Dolores (Dolly) Sarah Chaplin, (nee Washburn), 87, of Portsmouth, passed away peacefully in her home surrounded by family on Sunday, June 26.
She is survived by her husband of 67 years, Arthur W. Chaplin (Chip), their three children, Peter Chaplin, Judi Mendola (Anthony), Todd Chaplin (Mary Helene), six grandchildren, John Mendola (Anna), Nicholas Chaplin (Brooke), Meredith Mendola (Nathan Rothwell), Allison Chaplin, Andrew Chaplin, and Melissa Chaplin, and 3 great grandchildren, Brooke Mendola, Evan Mendola and Mia Dolores Mendola.
She was preceded in death by her sister, Carolyn Berger, and is survived by her sister, Marilyn Murphy (Jack) and brother, Arthur Washburn (Janice).
In lieu of flowers, kindly make donations to Visiting Nurse Services of Newport & Bristol Counties, 1184 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI 02871.
The Latest From WUN
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education
- Wilbury Theatre Group launches Pay-What-You-Can ticket structure for all performances