St. Georges,where dozens of alumni say they were sexually abused by staff and fellow students, is negotiating possible settlements with lawyers for more than 30 of those victims, according to an email obtained by The Associated Press by NECN and The Providence Journal.
An attorney representing people who say they were abused at St. George’s School said the school hopes to begin settlement discussions in June.
According to a story posted on ABC News,Rhode Island State Police have told The Associated Press that they’re nearing the end of an investigation into dozens of allegations of sexual abuse at St. George’s.
More Info On This:
- NECN –Elite Rhode Island Boarding School Working to Settle With Alumni …
- The Providence Journal –St. George’s School working on settlements with 30 over sexual …
Our Ongoing Coverage:
- St. George’s Cancels “Hope For Healing” Event That Was Planned for Alumni Weekend
- Report: State Police Nearing End of St. George’s Sex Abuse Probe
- St. George’s Says Administrator Put On Leave Following “Secondhand Allegations”
- Stage Crew Manager for Newport Folk & Jazz Festivals Tied to Alleged Abuse at St. George’s
- Hundreds Sign Online Petition Asking St. George’s School to Take Action on Alleged Sexual Abuse
- St. George’s Lands on Front Cover of Boston Globe Today for Past Sexual Abuse Allegations