On Monday, May 16, 2016 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Representative Daniel P. Reilly (R-District 72 Middletown, Portsmouth) will host a Town Hall Meeting in the Town Council Chambers at Portsmouth Town Hall, located at 2200 East Main Road in Portsmouth.
“This will be an open forum for constituents, the public and the media to join in a discussion about issues concerning residents of District 72, which encompasses Middletown and Portsmouth,” said Rep. Reilly.
“Whether a resident is seeking assistance with a state agency, or wants to discuss an important community issue, I want them to know I’m here to listen and take action,” added Reilly.
About Representative Reilly
Daniel P. Reilly (R) was elected in November 2014 as the State Representative from District 72, which includes portions of Middletown and Portsmouth. He previously served in the House of Representatives in 2011 and 2012.
Born July 24, 1989, he is an attorney and an emergency medical technician.
In the 2015 session, Rep. Reilly sponsored legislation that would exempt military pensions from the Rhode Island state income tax. He also introduced legislation to establish an Office of Inspector General with the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement of public funds. Also sponsored by Representative Reilly was a bill that would require the governor to submit a zero-based budget to be phased out in over five years.
A graduate of St. Andrew’s School in Boca Raton, Fla, in 2007, he received his undergraduate degree from Providence College in 2012 and his Juris Doctorate degree from Roger Williams University School of Law in 2015.
Rep. Reilly has been a member of the Portsmouth Economic Development Committee, the Town of Portsmouth Elmhurst Planning Committee and the Town of Portsmouth Lower Glen Farm Preservation Committee and Glen Park Working Committee. He is a member of the National Eagle Scouts Association, Save the Bay, the Aquidneck Island Land Trust, the Bristol Fire Department and the Norman Bird Sanctuary.
A resident of Portsmouth, he is engaged to marry Dr. Alexandra Costa.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library
- Governor, RIDOH, Newport City officials, community partners to host canvassing effort on Wednesday to encourage vaccination