The Newport Art Museum continues to engage and inspire with Art After Dark (May 12, 5-9pm), its’ popular late night event.
Each Art After Dark has unique programming for young and old. This event joins the ranks of the many events and educational programs the Museum currently offers in its galleries at 76 Bellevue Avenue, Newport. And the best news. Admission is free or by donation! So, reacquaint yourself with the Newport Art Museum.
Details are available at NewportArtMuseum.org.
This month the Museum will applaud their Museum Studies (Muse) students at the opening reception of their curated exhibition in the galleries! Their innovative Muse program fosters the next generation of art lovers, makers, curators, and supporters.
Food is art, too, and the Roger’s High School Culinary students are prepared to WOW you, while you enjoy live jazz performed by the Portsmouth Abbey Jazz Band.
They’ll also be announcing the winner of the Popular Vote for the Newport Annual Show that closes on May 22! Tricky Gallery Game puzzlers, scavenger hunts and stargazing on the lawn with Skyscrapers, Inc, RI’s Amateur Astronomical Society!
Admission is free for Members.
($10 suggested donation for non-members)
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 4PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays